INSTC Conference to be held on 12th June 2015
|INSTC Conference to be held on 12th June 2015|
|After completion of dry run project in the two routes of Nhava Sheva to Baku and Nhava Sheva to Astrakhan, that were decided with physical cargo container shipment, was clear that the proposed INSTC route via Bandar Abbas in Iran to Russia and other CIS Countries in transit through IRAN, could be the best route with optimal transit/cost for the Indian Exporters.|
|After completion of dry run project in the two routes of Nhava Sheva to Baku and Nhava Sheva to Astrakhan, that were decided with physical cargo container shipment, was clear that the proposed INSTC route via Bandar Abbas in Iran to Russia and other CIS Countries in transit through IRAN, could be the best route with optimal transit/cost for the Indian Exporters. Therefore, INSTC conference was planned to be held on 12th June 2015, being hosted by Ministry of Commerce & Industry of India together with Federation of Freight Forwarders Association in India.
The aim of the conference is to promote logistics and to opening various opportunities through the world to enrich experience of INSTC members and enhance trade.
The member states of International North-South Transport Corridor Project, gather to review the important issues of the INSTC, including:
1. Recognizing the potential for efficient and seamless North-South transport caused by economic globalization and by ever increasing trade within the Euro Asia area.
2. Noting the progress of important infrastructure projects along North-South transport links.
3. Noting the continuous growth of containerized transport between North and South where railways, land transport and seaports are called upon to take a significant role.
4. Realizing long distance North-South transport of goods may significantly increase, if fast, reliable and seamless intermodal transport services are developed along North-South links.
5. Being Aware of the globalization, transport reform and opening of transport markets that provide new options to reach out to transcontinental traffic and to turn North-South transport market opportunities into transport business,
6. Realizing to make rapid progress towards that goal, Governments, with the assistance of international organizations, should cooperate and commit to a set of common objectives, legal principles and operational rules to provide support to transport.
7. Being Aware that North-South transport involves and transits many countries, all members of the International North-South Transport Corridor, with different national transport systems and structures as well as different legal regimes governing international transport, i.e.
8. Noting that the progress achieved by the all transport modes in harmonizing and simplifying their legal framework, making it imperative to ensure comparable business conditions among all modes of transport,
9. Being Conscious that different legal regimes along North-South transport links increase cost, reduce competitiveness and impede the development of effective transport operations and efficient transport business,
10. Being Aware that the challenges posed by transport safety and security and taking account of the technical differences that should not become barriers to the development of North South transport;
11. Welcoming progress made through the joint activities of the Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO), the Black Sea Economic Cooperation Organization, the Transport Corridor Europe – Caucasus – Asia (TRACECA) and other inter-Governmental organizations,
12. Recognizing that further steps should be taken to facilitate the conclusion of North-South transport contracts;
The INSTC Conference will be an enlightening to various stake holders including importers, exporters, shipping lines, logistics companies and various other stakeholders for opportunities in the developing trade as well as helping to reduce cost , dwell time ,streamline documentation for seamless movement and open up many competitive optional route for opportunities in the region which will result in enhancing trade.|